Aunt Played it Well!!

Image result for Aunty hilarious animated
Over the Phone Call:-
I made a call to Vikash on Thursday Evening around 8:00 pm.

[Phone Ringing]

Vikash – Hello! Haan yaar, Tell me.
Me:- Hey bro, where you were? I made the call before also in the morning, you didn’t pick up the call.
Vikash:- Yes, I was in Team Meeting at the office.
Me:- Anyways, what’s the plan for the weekend ? let’s meet at ‘Yatri Nivas Restaurant’ ?.
Vikash: No Yaar, On Friday Night ( Tomorrow), I am leaving for Bangalore. Me: Why?
Vikash: Ehh, There I am going to meet a Girl for Marriage Proposal.
Me: Okay, All the Best !! Let me know the outcome at earliest. When are you coming back?
Vikash: Monday Morning I will be back and then attend office.
Me: Fine, then let’s catch you on Saturday, if you like her 60%, then simply say okay and fix it.
Vikash : Chalo , bye, take care .
Me: Yup, Bye Bro, All the best !!

[ I disconnect the Phone ]

Over WhatsApp chat between me and Vikash
Me: Hey, How it was? Met? what happened?
Vikash: Yaa I met her, I will tell you later.
Me: Arey but tell, oaky just mention it is positive (or) negative?
Vikash: I will tell you, not now.
Me: Okay.
Vikash: hmmm

I didn’t force him much to tell me what happened during that time frame, It is better to give breathing space and anyway when we meet or talk next time, he will surely share it to me.
I didn’t hear back anything almost complete week, for my curiosity, I decide to make a call directly now.

On Following Friday Evening - Over a call
I made a call to Vikash, asking about this Bangalore trip and Marriage Proposal. In response, he asks me to listen to the narration of the whole incident.
Now as he suggested to me , I just keep calm. He starts his narration the whole incident which I listen with utmost focus without uttering a single word.

Vikash’s Narration:-
On Friday, I took the train from Kacheguda Railway station to Bangalore, and reach there around 7:30 am. After that, I went to my cousin's house, which stays around 20 km away from the station. That day (Saturday), after freshen up, we first went to the site seeing the city area and relax. So this summarizes Saturday.

Next Morning( Sunday) around 9:30 am we started for their house, My cousin already informed them about our arrival. After 35 mins, we reached there.

Now listen carefully.

We went inside, then Aunty Ji came, and after a few minutes, her daughter also appears and sat beside me quietly. Because she was sitting just beside me, So I was making efforts to see her face. If she sits in front of me, then it could have been better. While seeing her, I realized that her photo which I had is not matching to her. By this time, Aunty Ji brought a few snacks includes - Samosa, Namkeen, Cool Drinks, and Fried Kaju.

She came and sat in front of me after offering us the snacks. There was a long silence for few minutes, and then Aunty Ji start asking few basic questions which my family have already informed to them previously, but just to initiate something she asked the same old question
Like Where you are working? How long you have been working there? Can you be able to shift to Bangalore? etc. By this time almost 20 minutes passed. We hear the doorbell. Aunty Ji gets up and opened the door. Another Girl comes – She looks shabby, hairs are not combed, wearing a T-shirt , shorts, sports shoes sweating profusely. It appears like she is coming from basketball ground. She enters the drawing-room, said ‘Hello’ to us and sat in front of me.

Now I was looking at both the girls - one who is well dressed for the instance sitting beside me and this new entry and sitting in front of me. Believe me yaar, for at least 5 seconds I didn’t understand what is happening. My cousin conveniently ignoring me and pretending to show interest in painting at the wall and other decorations.

Aunty Ji speaks now:-
‘See Beta, That is (Pointing to the girl beside me) Madhu, my younger daughter, she completed her Degree this year and working as an Intern at a Private firm. And This (Shabby girl) is Ruby – My Elder daughter — Actually we sent her proposal to you and basically you have come here to see her. But the thing is Beta, that yesterday night only Ruby’s marriage is fixed and we said ‘yes’ to that family.

But as you have already reached to Bangalore, so we figured out that – We will show our younger daughter to you. So, now the girl which you should be seeing is not Ruby, rather it is Madhu. Beta – Basically there is no difference in height, appearance, and Education between both of them, In fact Madhu is 3 years younger than Ruby.’

Believe me, this came as a shock of a lifetime to me.

Girl in front of me – (Ruby) was also nodding head agreeing to her mother. And I see no sign of tension or guilt for calling me here and stating a story of surprise. Anyways after few seconds, I replied to Aunty - ‘But Aunty, you are saying that both are same in all aspects, but my question is feeling wise, emotion wise, intellectual level every human differ.

Yes Beta, but everything happens so suddenly that we didn’t get time to inform your family member. I believe my cousin knew the whole story yesterday only because he was not at all saying or reacting anything.

This is part- 01 of the surprise I faced

[After listening everything, I burst out in laughter over the call]
Me: [Laughter] [Laughter] ..
Vikash: You enjoyed it Right ?.
Me: Oh ho ho, God, I knew something will definitely go wrong. But this much wrong I didn’t expect. [Laughs]. Basically, it is Chucking Frazee [Laugh]...So finally what happened ? You came empty-handed? What is the second part of the surprise?.
Vikash:- hmm, Listen again completely, now I am telling you the second part of the whole episode.

Vikash Narration – Second Part

” I don’t know Aunty Ji, what to say and do, this came as surprise to me, From last 15 days I am seeing one girl photos and now you are showing me another as a replacement. Aunty Ji put forward the Dialogue running since the ages - ‘Beta, Marriages are made in heaven, and the journey is uncertain’.

“Yaa, but it not what I came prepared, Please tell me what to do because I am currently clueless. “

She asks me to get to know her younger daughter (Madhu), and suggest to take a walk till nearby CCD. So finally we decided to take a walk after 10 mins walk we both (me and Madhu) reached CCD.

I ordered 2 cold coffee and we start interacting. She actually understood what I was going thru, so she initiated the talk which basically I liked.

Interaction Between Madhu and Vikash at CCD - The outcome of their sudden interaction turns out to be a bit positive. Madhu tries to calm down Vikash for instance that happens to him and while knowing each other, finds him an optimal person for her. To answer Vikash question for ‘What he should be saying at home as her answer’ She said “Yes” to Vikash. This was some sort of relief to him and finally, he is coming out not empty-handed.

Then we finally exchange our phone numbers and I made a call to my cousin to come to CCD and from there we went to his room and the next morning came back to Hyderabad “

Me: So you were saying, there is a second surprise, but as I heard this girl Madhu said “YES” to you. Then it is good na.

Vikash: Listen, listen, After I come back to Hyderabad, I made calls to my elder brothers and speak to them for about 1 hour each. They were equally shocked and surprised. But after listening with patience they asked me to say “Yes” to Madhu and step up to the next level.

I inform the same to Madhu and asked her to speak to Aunty Ji and let me know how to take it to the next level.

WhatsApp Reply from Madhu to Vikash - Next morning, she dropped me a WhatsApp message stating ”I have asked my mother, she informed me that it is too early to decide in one meeting, we need more time to think and as I am already working as an intern in a company in the Bangalore, It is basically time to focus on the career. So she wants to see more proposals, as we can’t fix on the first proposal we meet.”

Me: Oh God, it is too much F****.. shit. !
Vikash: See the dual standards — That day when I went there, within a few minutes Aunty Ji asked me to make a choice. But now after having her “Yes”, I informed my family members and with great efforts convince them to opt for the available proposal, now they are saying “How can we decide in just one meeting ?”

Me: hmm, Bhai, she literally played with you. This is like highway robbery.

Vikash: Hmm, that’s the thing, the person who suffered emotionally, financially and socially is me, not them. For them, it is simple yes and no game. See my point is If you think you have a brain and mind, it is fine but that doesn’t allow you to do anything to anyone.

Me: Really this is a hilarious , sad and Weird situation. It is like a mini-movie plot. The only person who made efforts and lost is just ‘You’ and no one.
Well, you don’t take tension, nowadays the world is not for people like us.
I have known many instances, sometimes it is weird than yours also, but really in this nothing is your fault.

Vikash: I spent around 12,000 INR for the entire journey, opted for leave, and suffered emotionally, and get nothing but zeros.

Me:- No problem bro, things will roll off smooth soon.
Let’s meet someday. But tell your family everything and stay calm.

Vikash:- Yup, but all the time I was just thinking that lady (Aunty Ji) just played it her own way. She was so much shrewd and cunning. I wish she gets a taste of her own medicine one day.

Me:- It will happen definitely, Believe me, it is better you are saved from that family. But really your experience should be shared to people, I will write a story out of it if you allow.

Vikash:- Make a movie Man, who cares.
Me: Chal, 1 hour on call now, mom is calling me for dinner see you soon, bye
Vikash: bye

Phone disconnects.

Comments